Sunday, September 23, 2012

Stuff, things or treasures

I have stuff; I have things and I have lots of treasures. Today, I walked slowly through my house and garden to see how much stuff I had collected over the past 12 months. I started out taking pictures of the wonderful treasures I had either received from friends or purchased at a yard sale or peddler mall. Then I said to myself “STOP”. I said it out loud again “STOP”. If I had a roll of film to change, it would have been changed several times. I had small stuff, like a figurine that I used to add to a floral arrangement. A small organizer with several drawers in it for different nails and screws has come in very useful. I had medium items like some larger flower pots to put out in the garden. A couple of medium size shelves to put paint and fabric on have helped organize the basement. The larger items include book shelves, chairs and tables. To most people, that probably sounds like a lot of things and stuff, but to me they are treasures. I purchased a gaming table in hopes that one day my son will challenge me in a game of checkers. I might even let him win. I purchased a couple of shelves that display, not only our favorite books, but some old pictures and memorabilia items. I have several beautiful bird houses that either the birds or I get to enjoy.  Some parkinson medication side effects is addiction to ether sex, shopping or gambling. I can say that my addiction to shopping is helping me gain more treasures. What about you; do you have stuff, things or treasures?

No comments:

Post a Comment